Chapter Reading: Chapter 19
What assumptions and goals characterized progressivism as a philosophy, and how did it influence American society and politics domestically and internationally? How did progressive reformers confront the social, political, economic, and moral problems of their age, and to what extent were they successful?
Define the concepts of social justice and social control, and explain how both trends functioned in the Progressive Era. Identify the core issues within these trends, including the settlement house movement, women’s suffrage, support for immigrants and labor, prohibition, segregation and desegregation, education reform, and antivice activism.
Documents to include:
- broad areas of progressive reform: social justice, government efficiency and activism, inclusive democracy, regulation of big business
- the influence of middle-class values and assumptions in progressive thought
- tensions and contradictions within progressivism
- the goal of exporting American conceptions of democracy and freedom to the world
- Jim Crow and the nature of racist segregation
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]