“Freedom of Speech.” Please respond to the following:
Review Texas v. Johnson. Assuming you want to sustain the conviction, make the best argument you can for how that can be reconciled with the First Amendment. Of the opinions that would have sustained the conviction, which do you find most persuasive and why?
Evaluating Van Oren v. Perry, as a public administrator, in the rule of law, explain to what extent your beliefs should affect your reactions to the various justices’ opinions.
“Freedom of Information.” Please respond to the following:
As a public administrator over a particular entity, describe when public officials should be allowed to conduct their activities in secret. Provide an example.
Evaluating New York Times v. United States, provide an example in which it may be warranted to violate the morality of the freedom of information by publicizing a secret identity to prove a point. Explain how this example warrants the morality violation.
Week 5 DB
“Property.” Please respond to the following:
Evaluating Donal v. City of Tigard, as a public administrator, take a position on whether you agree or disagree with the approach that the U.S. Supreme Court developed. Support your position with examples or evidence.
Analyzing Grose v. Sauvegeau, explain with details whether you agree or disagree that Sauvegeau should prevail.
Contracts and Companies.” Please respond to the following:
Evaluating Thompson v. Voldah as government takes on more and more functions, explain if it makes sense for the rules to be different for private contractual parties especially when the contract states (as with “duly authorized”). Support your position with examples or evidence.
Analyzing Brunoli, Inc. v. Town of Bradford, identify and then describe the remedies that should be available. Explain which you would recommend to be the best remedy for both parties.
Week 6 DB
“Employment Law.” Please respond to the following:
Analyze Garcetti v. Ceballos, to determine whether or not the Pickering balancing test is applicable to this case and state why or why not.
Many states are facing budget constraints that are shining a light on public employees’ pay and benefits, which have led to debates about state employees’ collective bargaining rights. From a public administrator perspective, speculate to the short-term and long-term effects if limited collective bargaining is adopted. Hint: Look at all the stakeholders involved.
“Tort Law.” Please respond to the following:
Examine the Federal Tort Claims Acts (FTCA). Discuss whether these laws reduce the risk to citizens or does it serve a compelling state interest. Analyze Dolan v. United States Postal Service.
As a public administrator, discuss which view you find more persuasive – that sovereign immunity should be narrowly or broadly construed. State why with examples or evidence to support your position.
Research, review, and analyze Anti-Miscegenation Statutes in the United States and chose two (2) relevant cases. Then, write a 3 page paper in which you:
- Analyze and evaluate each case independently by providing the following (about two paragraphs per case):
- Facts of the case
- Compare and contrast both cases in regards to the Anti-Miscegenation Statutes.
- Analyze how this statute could have influenced Brown v. Board of Education, 347 U.S. 483 (1954) and the Fourteenth Amendment.
- Explain the significance of this statute to the Defense of Marriage Act (DOM).
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply and rule on moral and ethical analysis to issues relevant to the public administration decision-making process.
- Interpret the language of the U.S. Constitution and the U.S. legal system in order to explain the principles and process of constitutional, regulatory, and administrative laws at the federal and state levels.
- Use the “case” approach to the U.S. legal system for researching cases, laws, and other legal communications using technology and information resources.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in constitution and administrative law.
- Write clearly and concisely about issues in constitution and administrative law using proper writing mechanics.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]