Describe the competing cultural trends in the 1920s, including nativism, modernism, fundamentalism, black nationalism, and racism. Identify the reasons for the reemergence of the Ku Klux Klan, the origins of the black cultural renaissance, and the religious and social debates that led to the Scopes trial in Tennessee.
Analyze the influence of popular culture on social norms and morals. State the innovations that allowed for the spread of mass culture and explain their impact.
Documents to include:
- Challenges in social change
- Harlem Renaissance
- KKK, Nativism, Marcus Garvey and Fundamentalists
- Racial Violence
- Cultural wars
- broad areas of progressive reform: social justice, government efficiency and activism, inclusive democracy, regulation of big business
- the influence of middle-class values and assumptions in progressive thought
- tensions and contradictions within progressivism
- the goal of exporting American conceptions of democracy and freedom to the world
- Jim Crow and the nature of racist segregation
Essay 2: Essay Question:
What assumptions and goals characterized progressivism as a philosophy, and how did it influence American society and politics domestically and internationally? How did progressive reformers confront the social, political, economic, and moral problems of their age, and to what extent were they successful?
Define the concepts of social justice and social control, and explain how both trends functioned in the Progressive Era. Identify the core issues within these trends, including the settlement house movement, women’s suffrage, support for immigrants and labor, prohibition, segregation and desegregation, education reform, and antivice activism.
Documents to include:
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]