Assignment 1: Sex, Gender, and Sexual Orientation
One of the main objectives of this course is for you to examine your ethnic heritage, cultural identity, values, and assumptions and analyze their impact on the provision of culturally competent services; therefore, in each module, you will focus on how a specific component of culture relates to this. In this module, you will focus on sex and gender and discuss the differences between the two.
As you work in the human services delivery sector, you will encounter males and females (both clients and colleagues) who may have different gender identities and different sexual orientations other than your own. In this discussion, you will want to critically think about how sex and gender differences can impact the work equation between a service delivery provider and a service delivery recipient and also between the agency staff members.
Given what you have learned in Module 3 regarding the relationship between sex and gender, post your responses to the following:
- Illustrate the difference between the two.
- Elaborate on how (or whether) sex and gender impact the work equation between a service delivery provider and a service delivery recipient.
- Discuss how sex or gender impacts the work equation between agency staff members. Be specific in your responses and illustrate using examples. Make sure that you support your points using scholarly sources.
- By Saturday, October 17, 2015, post your responses to this Discussion Area. Support your assumptions by citing reputable source material used for this discussion in APA format.
- Through Wednesday, October 21, 2015, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts, commenting on whether you agree with their positions. Incorporate course content in to your response posts to demonstrate your critical-thinking skills with regard to the material covered in this module. Finally, you may wish to comment on how sex or gender can influence human services delivery issues, such as problem identification, symptom expression, and help-seeking behavior.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]