Introduction to semiconductor materials, fundamentals of quantum mechanics and carrier phenomena, operating principles of p-n junction diodes, metal-semiconductor contacts (Schottky diodes), and field-effect transistors (MOSFETS and JFETS). Knowledge leading to understanding of semiconductor devices such as bipolar-junction transistors, photodetectors and optoelectronic devices.
- (1). crystalline materials, cubic lattices, crystal planes, crystal directions and diamond structure.
- (2). electrons in solids, quantum mechanics concepts and probability statistics
- (3). particle-wave duality, energy quanta, and uncertainty principle, in relation to the states
of electrons in solids
- (4). thermal equilibrium, Fermi-Dirac and Boltzmann distribution functions, hybrid bond,
energy band, Fermi-level, metal, semiconductor, insulator
- (5). direct and indirect semiconductors, intrinsic and extrinsic (n or p-type) semiconductors
and charge neutrality
- (6). electron and hole concentrations at thermal equilibrium, and temperature dependence of
- (7). carrier drift in electric fields and the effects of temperature and doping on mobility.
Conductivity. Hall effect.
- (8). carrier injection, excess minority carrier generation, recombination, diffusion, and drift.
- (9). step-junction model of a p-n junction, space charge regions and calculation of junction
- (10). ideal (Shockley) diode equation for a p-n junction under forward and reversed bias
- (11). Schottky barrier diode and ohmic contact
- (12). metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) capacitors, charge control model
- (13). characteristics and the principle of conductivity modulation of MOSFET, small signal
- (14). basic mode of operation of a bipolar junction transistor (time permitting).
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]