cenario: During a quality improvement (QI) meeting at ECHO Hospital there is discussion about the increased number of patient readmissions related to medication non-adherence.
Using the information above and the assigned readings create a discussion post in response to the following:
- Discuss at least three (3) areas for assessment which may indicate why patients do not adhere to their medication regimen.
- What would be an appropriate outcome (realistic, measureable and contains a time frame) for patients in this situation?
- Identify and provide rationales for at least three (3) nursing interventions used to promote medication adherence.
- Identify three (3) members of the healthcare team with whom the RN could coordinate and communicate patients’ needs regarding medication adherence.
- Provide a rationale for the selection of each of the above team members.
APA STYLE AND REFS. NO MORE THAN A PAGE WITH AT LEAST 2 CRRENT REFS NO OLDER THAN 5 YRS OLD.
- Alspach, J. (2011). Medication adherence before and after a stay in critical care: what nurses need to know. Critical Care Nurse, 31(4), 10-14.
- Petty, J. (2013). Medication adherence and patient outcomes: part 2: interventions and resources to overcome low health literacy. Clinical Nurse Specialist CNS, 27(6), 286-288.
- Anthony, Maureen PhD, RN. July/August 2014.Patient Safety. Home Healthcare Nurse. 32(7):389-390.
- Burnette, M. (2011). Increasing medication safety.AORN Journal, 93(3), C1.
- Dickson, G. L., & Flynn, L. (2012). Nurses’ clinical reasoning: Processes and practices of medication safety. Qualitative Health Research, 22(1), 3-16.
- Dreyer, Theresa. (2014). Care Transitions: Best Practices and Evidence-based Programs . Home Healthcare Nurse. 32(5): 309-16.
- Miranda Jr., S. (2011). Back to basics, medication safety at the bedside: a nursing administrator’s perspective. Pennsylvania Nurse, 66(3), 6-10.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]