Choose one of the learning experiences below and write a 250-word essay response.
1. Search online for free medline. You will probably find several websites that offer this feature. Search for research abstracts on cancer and exercise. Review at least six abstracts (articles no more than five years old). Based on the conclusions of these studies, how beneficial is regular exercise for cancer patients? How would you market your services to clients that have cancer? Be sure to cite your work.
2. Research the benefits and risks of exercise and youth. List at least five resources (resources no more than five years old) and summarize the research findings in your own words. Is resistance training safe, effective, and beneficial for young people? Why or why not?
3. Watch a diabetes educator and/or nurse perform a blood glucose test on a diabetes patient. If you have the resources, knowledge, and are comfortable, take your own blood glucose after intense exercise. What is the number? What does it mean for you? What would it mean for a diabetic? How could you incorporate blood glucose results into your exercise practice?
4. Write down three or more special population groups for whom you would use a water exercise therapy program. What types of movement routines would you perform? What types of strength training would you incorporate? What precautions would you take?
5. Identify at least two women who have regularly exercised before and after pregnancy with very little down time. What precautions did they follow? What alterations did they make to their normal training routine? If they were to do it again, what changes might they make? Do these follow the guidelines presented in your course text? How will the information you have gained from this learning experience guide your training recommendations for clients who are pregnant?
6. Seek out a competent sports medicine expert–medical doctor, chiropractic physician, nurse, or physical therapist–and review some of the sports-medicine conditions outlined in the course text. Are these outlines specific enough? Are any sports-medical conditions left out that should be included? What else can you do to better prepare yourself in assisting your clients to seek competent sports-medical assistance?
7. Visit a chiropractor and discuss as many of the therapeutic modalities as s/he uses. Where do you, the personal trainer, fit into the chiropractors rehabilitation practice? Where do you fit in the process of ensuring the continuation of care as well as the prevention of future injury/ailments?
8. Attend a basic first-aid course and explain how the information gathered in the course will be specifically helpful to you as a certified personal trainer. (NOTE: First aid and basic adult CPR/AED are separate topics. Some courses combine both. First aid is the topic of this learning experience. CPR/AED is a co-requisite to earning your certification.)
9. Research the steps involved in launching a new personal training business and develop a business plan. Find out where to obtain your DBA, business checking account, and liability insurance. Create all of the necessary forms for your business including your resume, rate sheets, policies, consent forms, health history questionnaires, and anything else that you deem professionally appropriate. You might design a logo or flyer for the business as well. Lastly, include a desrption of any difficulties you encountered as you navigated the business set-up process. Copy and paste this information into the text box provided as part your response.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.